robot concepts.

Projects around retexturing and remodeling Descent

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

_Dorthoor_

Postby _Dorthoor_ » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm not into mentioned war either. Just want to remark that the proficiency of the method of modeling depends not of the program but the skill of the user in that program. Not to be critical - i think you would agree that there are more skilled modelers out there and you have heights to achieve still...Those guys work in Maya and Max. I heard about the argue about the usefulness between Maya-users and max-users...but i still tend to consider the usefulness as a virtue of skill. Of course if the similar methods are present.
Ben K

Postby Ben K » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Hmm... I've always found Maya's modelling toolset as sufficient but there's a few things in it that are lacking, particularly snapping to points along a planar cut, which Blender does support. I haven't spent much time in 3DS, but it does seem to be quicker to build a model with than Maya is.

Both of them are usually horrendously expensive, but 3DS is the weapon of choice in the game industry. I think the reason why Maya is popular in film and TV is that it's designed around plugin support, and plugins, while expensive to develop, are a drop in the bucket of a film budget.

Speaking of which, I should have a go at editing that cut tool.

Return to “D2X-XL Retexturing & Remodeling Projects”