PYRO GX - CODENAME: AVENGER(JoFFa's beastular pyro)

Projects around retexturing and remodeling Descent

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

-JoFFa-

Re: PYRO GX - CODENAME: AVENGER(JoFFa's beastular pyro)

Postby -JoFFa- » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:33 am

Its different style then I've originally intended to make. I'll make Clone Wars like skin - perhaps - but as an add-on not initial. I'm was targeting something much more detailed.

Textures not finished yet. I understand that we seeing the future of D - differently. You once mentioned that you strive for "original" descent. Well..for now it's not, allready - you made so many improvements - that the old style of gameplay - can be achieved only if theyre all - disabled. So if we're talking D2x-xl featured gameplay - its not like good old D. so you're after improval. Me too...

Descent levels should become more detailed. Effects, Textures - more advanced. Avenger model - is a mod. Not the "low end" model. For "low end" - phantom will do just fine...Wolf as well... Avenger - is a spark of things how they could be...

Bottom line - CloneWars-like skin texture- will probably be done - much after the initial release. If you do not want "support" my model - i'm ok with that. If there are some people who would like to play Avenger for a change - i'll make a web site were they can get one. I -will put a link to your site there. I hope you put a link to my site as well...Not for me, mind you...for the community.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:15 am

I am not striving for a totally original Descent. But your ships don't fit the game - neither in shape nor texturing so far. They look exaggerated.

The Star Wars CGI ships just are a pointer.

I think that while you are a gifted artist, you somehow seem to lack the capability to pick up impulses and adapt them properly. I am very much tired with this discussion now, and I think I am understanding MetalBeast better. Talking to you is like talking against a wall.
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Hm. I do not remember we ever argued with him. And i can say the same about you both. But in a "good" way? I mean - how could we all achieve the results we got - you with D2X-XL Him with Wolf and I with Avenger if we just hear others and put what others want without ever considering our original intentions.

I do not get it still...why do you consider my words as stubborn - if i told you twice that you got it(clonewars-like skin). Avenger was meant to be multy(several different) skins. Todays is just a base.

Original skin looks exagerrated to you and me - in comparison with the quality of the levels today. But think of it as a future skin of it. When levels will be much mode detailed - IF they will be much mode detailed. As for today - i tell you third time - handicapped-type texture "compatible" with today mediocrity of the level details can and surely will be made.Eventually...
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:12 pm

-JoFFa- wrote:Descent levels should become more detailed. Effects, Textures - more advanced.

Easier said than done... in the Descent engine this is actually really painful.
Weyrman
D2X-XL Expert
D2X-XL Expert

Postby Weyrman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 am

People have their likes and dislikes. Let Joffa model it to his heart's content and then let Diedel make it available in the ship model section as an alternative. Nobody will be forced to use it if they don't like it and its true popularity will be shown in the number of downloads it gets.

Question ? If I download it and use it in multiplayer but you don't have it, what model will you see? If its set as my heavy fighter, will you see whatever heavy fighter you have set instead?
-SYSTEM SPECS-
MBoard:"GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3" Motherboard
CPU: Intel i7 E2600 3.40GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133MHZ
HD: WDC 10EARX 1TB SATA
Video: GigaByte 1G ATI 4890
Monitor: Asus VS428 LCD 24"
Sound: Onboard - now with connected 5.1 sound system
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 am

Yes, and if you have none, the Pyro-GX.
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:59 am

Question ? If I download it and use it in multiplayer but you don't have it, what model will you see? If its set as my heavy fighter, will you see whatever heavy fighter you have set instead?

If you got this model on your disk - you will see other players in it if they choose it. If other player do not have it installed he will see you as a model he set to be the fighter which was chosen by you.
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:49 am

I see how that would work... clever.
Now I know why you specify it in d2x.ini instead of the ships just having a generic filename for ship type...

I'll make sure to download everything from now (in case I ever get to play D2X-XL multi again -- yeah right -- my network has... problems with it). The only time I was ever able to play was briefly from someone else's house (a cousin who lives... I'll just say far from where I am).
But that's still pretty cool.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce
KoolBear
The One And Only!
The One And Only!

Postby KoolBear » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:04 am

Impressive! I need to make sure to get caught up on all these neat things!
Malgus

Postby Malgus » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm speechless... :shock: This is so cool. When will it be released?

Return to “D2X-XL Retexturing & Remodeling Projects”