New Pyro colors for players 9-16

Projects around retexturing and remodeling Descent

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

Sykes

New Pyro colors for players 9-16

Postby Sykes » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:07 am

With the introduction of 16 players, players 9-16 cycle back through the original 8 texture files. I modified the textures a bit for the next 8 players, choosing colors that didn't look similar to the first 8 as much as I could. This was a project I had started years ago, and still have floating around.

If there is interest in it, I can work on colorizing the Wolf and Phantom as well. It would be up to Diedel ultimately, it he wants to add them, but if there's interest I will begin colorizing the other ships.

EDIT: I got the model textures done. Included are 9 textures for each ship. Because of a miscalculation/oversight, there only enough colors for 7 players in multiplayer as it is right now. I've included 9 very unique and colorblind-friendly colors to use for each ship. There may be slight differences in them because I'm colorblind and I had to go by numbers and memory, but I can guarantee they are completely colorblind friendly. I am going to start working on the HUD icon that shows your player ship now. I may even go as far as to create hires versions of them, and it would even change depending on what ship you are flying. We'll see.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2yr0i8kq68m9zr

Player 8: Black
Player 9: Pink
Player 10: Dark Green
Player 11: Tan
Player 12: Light Blue
Player 13: Yellow
Player 14: Maroon
Player 15: Lime Green
Player 16: Cyan

I will get images up when it's convenient, and physically possible. It's really hard to run 16 copies of Descent at the same time, and somehow have them organized in such a way that I can take a picture of them all.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Re: New Pyro colors for players 9-16

Postby karx11erx » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:05 am

I sure would like to have that.
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm

I ran into a complication though. There are only 8 textures provided with each of MetalBeast's ships, and the first one is white (color0), which is used in single player. In multiplayer though, the first player becomes blue (color1), with the next players being red (color2), then green (color3). According to the textures, blue is the second color out of the 8, with red being the third, and so on. This means that there are only enough textures for the first 7 players, because only 8 are provided and in multiplayer it skips color0, the white color.

What should I do about this? One solution would be for me to create another texture file for player 8 to fill in that gap. Another solution would be to program the game to use that default white color (color0) for the 8th player. The decision is up to you. Meanwhile, I'll get to re-texturing the Wolf and Phantom.
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Updated my original thread with a download link. I completed all ship textures, even threw in a 9th texture to make up for the missing texture for player 8.

Return to “D2X-XL Retexturing & Remodeling Projects”