I feel silly.

Everything around the Descent level editor

Moderators: Frustikus, Aus-RED-5

Kaizerwolf

I feel silly.

Postby Kaizerwolf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 am

Yes, I feel very silly. And the reason:

After 2 years of using DLE-XP, i still do not know how to use the tunnel curve tool. I've got no clue what the shortcut is, or if I have to select some cubes, or what. Now that I realize it, having that curve generator would help me out in so many of my levels, yet I still have no clue how to use it.

So, I'm very sorry for the noobish sounding question, but how do you use the tunnel curve generator/tool?

:wallbash:
What if, in 30 years, you're considered for the highest office in the land and get denied because some sneak found that misspelled post of yours about how "Nickledon" sucked and ruins your political career by exposing it?- poxpower
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:07 am

1) Select the cube/side you want the curve to start from. (I mean navigate to it; you don't need to mark it.)
2) Press spacebar to switch to the "other cube", and select the cube/side you want the curve to go to with it.
3) Press "G" and the curve generator will come up.
4) To customise the shape of the curve, you can: change the "twist" of the tunnel by selecting a different vertex on the start/end sides (press "P"); shorten/lengthen the arc from the start/end sides with "[" and "]". Again, to switch to the other end of the curve press spacebar.
5) Press "G" again when done. You might be prompted about whether you wish to keep the generated curve.

Return to “DLE-XP Help”