Auto Joining of Cubes

Everything around the Descent level editor

Moderators: Frustikus, Aus-RED-5

camroidv27

Auto Joining of Cubes

Postby camroidv27 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:20 am

I found that when I insert cubes, when two touch (where the walls are identical), the program does not auto join the two touching walls, leaving me to do it manually. I am using the latest DLE-XP running on Windows 7 64bit. I am also noticing some odd graphical tearing in the program, but that's something I can easily live with.

Any ideas, or am I missing a switch somewhere to auto-join like cubes?
Swazook
PLONK

Postby Swazook » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Great post - I am having the same problem. It leaves a textured wall that needs deleting - how do you delete it?

I am trying to make a skybox above Speed Racer Pro

-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:55 pm

You have to select the cube which shares the same side and make it active - then you select the initial cube and then you join them.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Yeah, the "other cube" comes in very handy for situations like these. The hotkey for join sides is Ctrl+S. One of my most frequently-used functions actually since I constantly break the auto-join detection...

P.S. Update your version of DLE-XP if you haven't already - I think there was a fix for an issue like this in recent builds.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Yeah, this happens if people cannot be arsed to read the forum rules and pointers - probably because they apparently do lack a decent education and prefer to have others do their work.
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 am

In Divil back in the old days there were a ...command - were you just select all cubes you want to make a room out of and use "make room" command to join them all...In DMB i never find anything close... so i guess you have to stick to it. Or you can still get Divil then save level as rdl then open in in DIVIL then join all cubes together then load the result in DLE-XP and continue editing.
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:55 am

karx11erx wrote:Yeah, this happens if people cannot be arsed to read the forum rules and pointers - probably because they apparently do lack a decent education and prefer to have others do their work.

Dont be to harsh if you will...sometimes its hard to find a useful info your forum is huge today..:) You also improve constantly your editor and sometimes there are no special tutorials..;)
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:20 am

I think he's referring to ensuring your version is up-to-date first before requesting assistance. Between this topic and one on the DBB, I get the impression it might have saved considerable time...
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:24 am

Ah. :)

Return to “DLE-XP Help”