Reading custom robots

Everything around the Descent level editor

Moderators: Frustikus, Aus-RED-5

Sirius

Re: Reading custom robots

Postby Sirius » Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 am

It does - the stats are loaded correctly. There are only two things that aren't: the portrait image (which might be a pre-rendered BMP, not sure though) and the name (which can't meaningfully be replaced anyway because names of robots are not stored in any of the D2 data files).
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Mon May 07, 2012 8:48 am

Yeah, the robot icon is a pre-rendered picture from the Descent data. There is no simple way to change that.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Tue May 08, 2012 7:47 am

Non-Vertigo Descent 2 doesn't provide any way of doing that. Vertigo HAMs are basically the only way - not sure whether there's a limit on the number of robots you can add, but I think there are at least de-facto limits - level editors will only recognize so many.

Standard D2 robots + standard Vertigo robots + other new robots: currently not possible.
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 pm

No I think it means if you use a vertigo HAM you can't use the vertigo bots. It makes sense if the vertigo HAM in your hog file is, in the game's point of view, replacing the default vertigo HAM.
There are so many stock robots though -- even some duplicates that just have one minor attribute changed -- it's not really a problem to replace some with custom bots.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Tue May 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Yep, that's how I did it in Anthology (which used nearly every robot in the game). Thanks for the fluff Parallax!

Return to “DLE-XP Help”