How do I make a matcen spawn Vertigo robots?

Everything around the Descent level editor

Moderators: Frustikus, Aus-RED-5

Alter-Fox

How do I make a matcen spawn Vertigo robots?

Postby Alter-Fox » Thu May 01, 2008 11:09 pm

In dle-xp, how do I make a matcen spawn robots from D2: Vertigo? The vertigo robots aren't on the list of robots for the matcen.
Aus-RED-5
Forum Moderator

Postby Aus-RED-5 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:36 pm

When you started creating the lvl. Did you select to create a D2 Vertigo mission?
----System Specs----
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D Black
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 960 3.20ghz
Heat Sink: Corsair H100 CPU Water Cooler
Memory: Corsair 6GB (3 x 2048mb) DDR3 1600 Dominator (PC12800 - TR3X6G1600C8D)
Video Card: ATi SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC Edition
Hard Drives: SSD Corsair Force Series 3 F120 120GB & WD5003ABYX Enterprise RE4 500GB
Media Player: LG BH10LS30 BluRay Burner
Power Supply: Corsair HX-850
Monitor: Benq XL2420T LED
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu May 01, 2008 11:48 pm

I don't think you can create such matcens, regardless of mission type. The way Descent 2 handles matcen robot list doesn't allow for robot ids > 64, which prohibits all Vertigo robots. I created a work around in D2X-XL, and it might work like "first Vertigo robot id + matcen robot id" (so to have a matcen create Vertigo robots of the kind with the smallest Vertigo robot id, set it to produce the standard robot with id 0), but I am not entirely sure of that off the top of my head.
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Fri May 02, 2008 12:58 am

I'm building one (actually several) D2X-XL levels, and in the one I'm referring to, I have two matcens, both of which spawn Defense Robots and TRN Racers. Today, one of the matcens started spawning Smelter IIs, Fiddlers, and Xenophobes along with one of each type of robot the matcen originally spawned. The other one stayed the same. The really wierd thing was I had, just before, played the beginning of vertigo level 8, and those were the only three vertigo robots I faced in level 8 as well.

BTW Diedel - the original vertigo mission had lots of matcens that spawned vertigo robots. I took a look in dle-xp at the ones in level 8 which spawned Fiddlers and Xenophobes, and they had every D2 robot selected, plus the advanced lifter. I took a look at the ones in level 15, which spawned quite a few more types, and their robot list was completely empty.
pokeman7452

Postby pokeman7452 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:49 pm

D2 had a reputation for leaking HXM robot modifications between missions. I remember building a level and giving the PESTs and PIGs phoenix and omega, then without quitting, I started counterstrike lvl 1. The robot modifications stayed! It was impossible. From what happened to you, I am guessing the dev team did something along the lines of replacing an unused robot's id with a vertigo robot. That HXM modification just stayed.
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Fri May 02, 2008 7:50 pm

What happened to me was similar to another bug I found in the dos version of D2. When I played level 24, reached the alien 2 boss, it fired at least one earthshaker missile at me, and then, right after that, if I played level 4, one of the Lou Guards in the Red Fatty Boss's arena would always fire one Earthshaker, and then it would start firing homing missiles. At first I thought it was the Red Fatty Boss that fired the earthshaker, but then I actually saw the Lou Guard fire it.

Notice irregularities in capitalization of names. :)

Return to “DLE-XP Help”