Play Date

Find people and dates to play D2X-XL online here

Moderators: Frustikus, Aus-RED-5

Beltran

Play Date

Postby Beltran » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:07 am

Ok, I am in the game right now looking for others. I am also in steam chat and no one appears to be playing. It is 11/25 9pm Eastern Standard. GMT -5 I think.

I would like to play 11/27 and 11/28 around 9am EST if anyone is available. If you have other times on these days that would work please suggest. I would like to play a multiplayer game this weekend.

Also is there some particular port that is used other than the default? I NEVER seem to find anyone online to play.
...going down again!
blarget#

Postby blarget# » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:14 pm

because NO ONE is ever on. lol

anyways ill get on this weekend. I cant port foreword, so i need one of the people that can to do it. like sykes, or pumo.
any one up to playing with him and me?
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:09 pm

I'll scrape some time off of the day to buckle down and re-install D2X-XL. Also Blarget, Beltran can host... but good luck trying to beat him ;) He gave me a run for my money.

Port 28342 is default. Most people use 28340-28344 as alternatives. I forward ports 28340-28350 just to be safe. Our network currently is in shambles, and that includes the DHCP and DNS servers, so my IP address is changing multiple times per day, and it's rare to have a stable connection to the internet. I think me and my dad are on to what the problem is though. Once my IP becomes permanent, I can forward my ports again and host some games. I've been itching to get back into it again, especially seeing that you two are still looking for some games :)
blarget#

Postby blarget# » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Sykes wrote:I'll scrape some time off of the day to buckle down and re-install D2X-XL. Also Blarget, Beltran can host... but good luck trying to beat him ;) He gave me a run for my money.

Port 28342 is default. Most people use 28340-28344 as alternatives. I forward ports 28340-28350 just to be safe. Our network currently is in shambles, and that includes the DHCP and DNS servers, so my IP address is changing multiple times per day, and it's rare to have a stable connection to the internet. I think me and my dad are on to what the problem is though. Once my IP becomes permanent, I can forward my ports again and host some games. I've been itching to get back into it again, especially seeing that you two are still looking for some games :)

ya, we got DNS blocker on us too. it sucks.(plus live family safety on top of that)
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:06 pm

Yeah, but a DNS blocker isn't the problem. The actual DNS server isn't functioning correctly. We can't tell if it's a software or hardware problem. Personally, I'm leaning toward faulty hardware, but we have to deal with Verizon to get it replaced, or at least activate our backup DSL router. Our gateway is our DNS server, the DSL router, but since that thing can't seem to route traffic very well, we use another router as the primary one, because the wireless is faulty in the first router.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:08 pm

I can't really be on until later (9 am EST = 6 am PST = zzzz) but if there's anyone still playing and I remember, it'd be worth a shot...
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:10 pm

It'd be awesome if we could get a 4-person game together. I've really been eager to test a 4-person game for a while. I don't think I've ever had the chance to test anything more than that. (I think a 5+ player game would be a D2X-XL first :P)
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah, Friday isn't going to work for me since I have work then, and Saturday I'll be busy for a few hours, but if mid-afternoon is still a good time, I should be about by then.
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:16 pm

I'll be back in the Steam group chat room whenever I'm online. Feel free to hit me up in there whenever. If a game starts going, I always invite anybody with "Online" status. If you're set to Away or Busy, I won't bother you.
Beltran

Postby Beltran » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:54 pm

About to start an online game with Sirius. I will look for more of you to join!

7:00pm EST
...going down again!
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:55 pm

Aw man, you had to do it while I'm hosting a LAN party ;P Sometime soon.
blarget#

Postby blarget# » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:07 am

isit too late for me?

edit: you have a different version of dogfight?
Beltran

Great game!

Postby Beltran » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:30 am

Sirius and Blarget joined.

ok Sirius is serious.... my butt is kicked. :P

Hope to see some of you on next weekend. If you see me in Steam chat join and lets start a game! System worked great!
...going down again!
blarget#

Re: Great game!

Postby blarget# » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Beltran wrote:Sirius and Blarget joined.

ok Sirius is serious.... my butt is kicked. :P

Hope to see some of you on next weekend. If you see me in Steam chat join and lets start a game! System worked great!

man i lost. what was it? 7-3?
Beltran

Postby Beltran » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:55 pm

We played Gigadeath 2 for ....some time. Let's just say he had 4 times the kills.... Blarget you need to download those old levels. They are simple and fast.

Here is a great source for games. http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/index.php?page=2&keywords=

I will be .... if I cannot find Gigadeath posted somewhere... Still looking.

http://www.planetdescent.com/site/files ... ions/g.asp specifically http://www.dfiles.de/download/d2/missions/gigadth.zip (1) or http://www.dfiles.de/download/d2/missions/gigadth2.zip (2)

Thanks Sirius.
...going down again!

Return to “Multiplayer Date Planner”