Sykes vs. Sirius

Find people and dates to play D2X-XL online here

Moderators: Frustikus, Aus-RED-5

Sykes

Sykes vs. Sirius

Postby Sykes » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:13 am

Well, the results were as expected. Don't get excited ;) We played 3 games, the last one being a "Hey, let's try this!" game.

Game 1, Neptune
Sykes - 9
Sirius - 19

Game 2, White Rose
Sykes - 16
Sirius - 20

Game 3, Year of the Snake
Sykes - 8
Sirius - 20

The first one I got my butt whipped, but during the game I learned his strategy and adopted how he played, but since his strategy was to cover all hallways and never get chased, it would just be a stalemate. I played on offense and got creamed. Second map was smaller, and one neither of us were 100% familiar with. I managed to keep him on his toes because the map suited my playstyle, being up close and personal, but even though I adopted his style, I still found myself chasing him far too many times, and chasing Sirius is never a good idea. EVER. The third map was ridiculous. I had never played it before, and he DESIGNED it. It suited his playing style far more than mine, and I got trashed. The only things I learned that game is that Sirius + Guass = run away as fast as you can. The only reason I got 8 kills was because the Gauss cannon fell victim to the infamous bug, and disappeared after a certain amount of time. He was forced to use the plasma cannon, and I was able to catch him during an AB rush a few times.

Overall, they were very fun games. I'm definitely getting better, and eventually I'll be able to win!
Ben K

Postby Ben K » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:07 am

Hehe. Gauss is so much more effective on lower pings.
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Apparently so. I think we were averaging around 80, which is probably as good as it gets in Descent.

Return to “Multiplayer Date Planner”