#descent2

Find people and dates to play D2X-XL online here

Moderators: Frustikus, Aus-RED-5

Motig
D2X-XL Friend
D2X-XL Friend

#descent2

Postby Motig » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Hey, there- a friend recently got me into this, I used to play D2 aages ago offline ofc, when it was cool.

But joking aside, I've actually gone and scripted a small host bot in #descent2 on Gamesurge. It could be any network, though, if you'd all rather another.

You go in, and type !add, and it'll give you instructions on what to do (basically, you'll give your IP address and some other details).

Then, anyone can type !list to see the currently hosted games. The games stay up there for 4 hours before being auto-removed.

Any advice/suggestions will be welcomed- my main goal is to get some multiplayer games going! :]

--Motig.

(I did post this in the other topic, but I guess you were busy deliberating that tracker issue, so I made a new topic. :} Sorry if that's a bit rude, but I want to play multiplayer D2 :P)

Edit! It's moved to irc.gamesurge.net, no longer crappy Quakenet. \o/
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Motig,

thank you very much for that, this is really cool.

I will make a sticky about this plus a news flash on my web site.
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:54 am

Apologies for being 6 months late. Maybe things have changed.

I couldn't seem to get this to work. Whenever I tried, it said "No public commands allowed" or something. What is required for it? And is it even still functional?
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:03 am

They have... the current channel is #D2X-XL and doesn't have a bot that I know of. #descent2 was hijacked by some clowns to make themselves feel important.
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:06 am

Oh, I see. I hang out in #D2X-XL often times, and it's very quiet. Karx is the only person I've seen. I go to #Descent2 sometimes, but all they say is that #D2X-XL is horrible, if anyone says anything at all. =/
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:09 am

Yeah, I haven't been there recently thanks to work. I should be back more regularly in a few weeks...
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:22 am

#DESCENT2 had initially belonged to me, but I lost the channel due to inactivity, and when I came back, a guy nicknamed Bubbalou had taken it over.

Bubbalou is of a generally narrow minded, selfish and envious attitude and is craving to be a big name in the Descent community. As he lacks everything it takes to actually achieve anything, he tries to impress people with big mouthed talk, general aggressivity and attempts to take control over everything Descent. That reaches from telling people how they should play Descent and how they shouldn't to trying to define what is "true to Descent" and what isn't.

According to him D2X-XL isn't, but in fact that is rather due to his antipathy towards me. Actually he is the kind of person who has turned into a trouble maker to get the attention he feels he deserves. People like that give the impression of not having been breast fed as babies and now trying to compensate for it for the rest of their lives.

Actually I even tried to get along with him and bury our differences, but it was impossible. His entire mind and perception of reality and himself is just too off the wall.

Naturally, a place controlled by a person like that is a sink of similarly minded people, and you may find a few there who have insulted me in the past and received the proper reply (which they didn't like), and maybe even one or two who got banned from this forum for repeatedly and seriously insulting me (of course it was all my fault when you ask them).

Well, D2X-XL stands and speaks for itself, so what do these obnoxious garden gnomes want anyway ... ?

/Me :hah: critics.

Return to “Multiplayer Date Planner”