Pyro-GL (D3)
No votes
Phoenix (D3)
No votes
Magnum-AHT (D3)
No votes
Black Pyro (Descent 3: Merc)
No votes
Pyro-TX (from Boiling Point and Warp Shockwave)
No votes
Hunchback (from Enemy Within)
50%

Total votes: 2
PhoenixManX-XL

Looking for a challenger: ParadIce Chasm

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:47 pm

I wanna see my beautiful ice level in action, so I *would* allow up to 8 players on my game,
but my laptop isn't capable of handling more than 4, I would think... it only runs at a processing speed of 1.9GHz and only has 1GB of RAM... sorry...
4 is recommended, though, for best gameplay action.
I am actually hosting this game pretty soon, and I will be hosting it for about a few hours, so I can be patient.
Don't worry about weapons: there will most certainly be enough to go around for 4! :wink:

I will host this game at around 10:00 AM (GMT -8 hours; Pacific Time Zone).
I only know a few people who play this game, and I'm trying to find more by showing off my small, yet versatile level showcase, one
pumped-up level at a time to those on this descent forum.

And yes, I am using D2X-XL. Given the right configurations, this game simply OWNS!
I also have D3, but am not currently playing it at the moment.

I await Descent insertion, and will see you in the mines (hopefully...)

Edit: One more thing: I am planning this today (or at least I'm trying to...)

...Oh, and before I forget, my IP address / port number is 192.168.0.22:28342
There ya go! Now, PREPARE FOR DESCENT!!! Yeah!
This Phoenix has risen back from the ashes. (Glad I still remember my old password! XD)

--Avatar made by InvaderShade1094 of deviantART, all credits © to her (except for Sar the Tailbot, who is © to me).
The original picture is here ==> http://invadershade1094.deviantart.com/ ... -172792820
Please check it out :')

also, when you send me an invitation on MSN, don't forget to attach a message! ;D
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Umm ... where is the level?
PhoenixManX-XL

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Sorry, got sidetracked. The level is back up, though.

My friend was trying to hook up with me, and we kept bouncing around.

Again, I am deeply sorry, as there were not many people and, to be honest, I didn't think anyone would show up.

But I'm rehosting the level until 2:00 PM pacific.

I can't stop saying I'm sorry... :(
This Phoenix has risen back from the ashes. (Glad I still remember my old password! XD)

--Avatar made by InvaderShade1094 of deviantART, all credits © to her (except for Sar the Tailbot, who is © to me).

The original picture is here ==> http://invadershade1094.deviantart.com/ ... -172792820

also, when you send me an invitation on MSN, don't forget to attach a message! ;D
PhoenixManX-XL

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:25 pm

--IGNORE THIS--

Edit: removed post concerning personal probs...
Last edited by PhoenixManX-XL on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Where can I download the level???
PhoenixManX-XL

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Um, about that...

I actually made the level myself and I don't currently have a place to host it for downloading yet... sorry 'bout that.

Can you use Auto-Downnload? Will that work...?

karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Auto-D/L is flaky depending on connection quality. Zip the level and send it to karx11erx at hotmail dot com. I will host it.
PhoenixManX-XL

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:52 pm

OK, you should have it now.

I just sent it 2 ya.

Enjoy, and--what is your IP address and port # (if you'll be hosting it?)

WARNING--THIS LEVEL CONAINS 2 HELIX CANNONS AND AN OMEGA CANNON.
Also, some Smart Mines and Prox Bombs/"Smoke Grenades." (Turn off if playing the Entropy version.)

Robot-free, though.

Turn them off if you wish...

-Edit: more stuff about the level, but no more--read the readme attached to it...

karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Why aren't you using the tracker? Is it down?

Send the level again - without folders in the archive.
PhoenixManX-XL

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:13 pm

What a minute--when you said you'd host the level, you didn't mean you'd... --did you?

OMG I can't wait! Tell me how it plays and, if you're interested, I'll send you my other levels...

I don't know when you hosted the last level on your site, but I figured since I like this game so much I midas well contribute also.

I won't send you the levels unless you really want them, though... I don't wanna bombard you with custom levels and such, and I most certainly don't want to be recognized as someone annoying who is way too addicted to D2X-XL... but if I am, what's so bad about it?

D2X-XL just owns. That's all there is to it!

karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Send ParadIce Chasm again - WITHOUT folders in the archive.
PhoenixManX-XL

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Uh, yeah, you should have the levels just the way you wanted them now.

And I forgot the simple switch in my d2x.ini for the tracker on your site...

"-internal_tracker 1"

There. I hope I won't cause any more problems...

I'm using port # 28342 as a client port. Is this okay, or should I make it a 4-digit? What is the typical range for port numbers on the virtual tracker for your site? Also, the UDP socket... which one do I look on when joining a game?

-Edit(2): changed sentence dealing with port #
-Edit: misspellings...

PhoenixManX-XL

Postby PhoenixManX-XL » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:22 pm

I'm turning in. I've decided that I want to hold this off until a later date.

Oh, and I've posted a link as to where you can download ParadIce Chasm:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1886769

There, and next time I will plan ahead and avoid posting the topic and hosting the level at the same time,
cause that just makes it hard on everyone.

It's bad enough that not many people even play this game anymore, and trying to find them is like trying to find a needle in a haystack...

Well, I'm gone. I'll post here later...

Sirius

Postby Sirius » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm

In the general forum here there is directions to an IRC channel... it's probably easier to see who's on there and then you can co-ordinate with them. It does tend to be empty a lot but still, it's safer than hoping people are reading the forums.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Your level is a good start, and you have put a lot of effort in it. I found it too complex on the one hand and to linear in places on the other hand though for a MP level.

Return to “Multiplayer Date Planner”