Retrovirus

All non Descent related stuff. Keep it civilized, this is not an NHB area.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Retrovirus

Postby karx11erx » Tue May 27, 2014 8:30 pm

I just bought Retrovirus. For 20 USD I couldn't do much wrong, I thought.

Now I am stuck after less than 60 minutes of playing. The mission objective says I should suck some corrupted crates in with my "interrupt command" (gun) and use gravity to put them in some grinders placed there. Well, the gun doesn't suck anything in, no way how I operate it, and there is no gravity. Maybe they meant inertia? So I kept firing at the creates until all except one somehow landed in the grinder due to physical interaction of the crates with the gun fire. One crate however has mysteriously disappeared.

This is probably the 2nd best that could have happened to me (the best having been not purchasing the game at all, because it severely lacks if you are used to Descent), but now I wish I could just get my money back. :argue:

I registered on Cadenza Interactive's forums to ask about my problem, just to find out that their forums are dead. They are drowning in spam posts, and apparently nobody has taken care of them for I don't know how long.

So I just threw 20 bucks out of the window. This sucks.

Morale: Don't purchase games from small indie game makers.
Weyrman
D2X-XL Expert
D2X-XL Expert

Re: Retrovirus

Postby Weyrman » Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 am

I played retrovirus most of the way through until it got to a boss level that was just (for me anyway) impossible. I don't know how the developers got through that level. I enjoyed it up to then and did, I thought, reasonably well. I did 28 levels before getting stuck on the 29th boss level. Which level are you stuck in?
-SYSTEM SPECS-
MBoard:"GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3" Motherboard
CPU: Intel i7 E2600 3.40GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133MHZ
HD: WDC 10EARX 1TB SATA
Video: GigaByte 1G ATI 4890
Monitor: Asus VS428 LCD 24"
Sound: Onboard - now with connected 5.1 sound system
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Wed May 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Pretty much at the beginning. Maybe level 3 or 4. I just got a 2nd gun (a red one, named "interrupt command", double action or so) I was told to use the scan command with to suck in some infested crates and drop them in grinders in the level's walls.
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:38 pm

You have to scan the little red marks the weapon leaves on the walls, and they'll become miniature black holes.
You get a little visual and sound effect to let you know you've done it right.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce

Return to “Off Topic”