Bungie are a bunch of f*cking liars ...

All non Descent related stuff. Keep it civilized, this is not an NHB area.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Bungie are a bunch of f*cking liars ...

Postby karx11erx » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:02 pm

... who sold their honor and personal integrity for a crapload of money.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzopWRXK_r4

I couldn't agree more.

Bungie and Activion really should be sued to hell and get revived just to be sued to hell again for what they told us Destiny would be, and what we spent our money on in the end.

If there was any chance of succeeding with a law suit against them, I would be in for it for sure.

Thank God it's just a f'n computer game that cost me a bit of money and some of my time, and not something really important. But then, this is probably what companies like ActiBungie rely on when selling crap like Destiny to millions and millions of people, knowing they will not get sued for it, because too many of the customers they deceived do not consider it worth it, and even more are at an age group where a suit is completely out of the question.

I am asking myself whether Destiny is a new social / economical experiment to figure out on how far a ride you can actually take your customers on and get away with it. Jesus Christ, computer gamers are in dire need of a lobby.
Alter-Fox

Re: Bungie are a bunch of f*cking liars ...

Postby Alter-Fox » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:41 pm

We probably are.
Still, when I saw the commercials I realized the game wasn't going to be special... commercials sell things by telling an audience what they're getting and why they want it -- these commercials only tried to tell that audience why they wanted it. But apparently they were very good at that.
Now that I was right I am very very smug. Probably too smug.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce
Sapphire Wolf

Postby Sapphire Wolf » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:30 am

I'm glad that I don't play Destiny. The review is hilarious, though. Gotta love Angry Joe. :)
As for destiny, I heard it's mediocre or beyond mediocre.
My Deviant Art account-
http://sapphirewolf3057.deviantart.com

specs for Teletraan:
Brand- Custom Built
Processor- Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
RAM- 16 GB
Video- NVidia GeForce GTX 760
Sound- Realtek HD Audio
Hard Drive- 1 TB
OS- Windows 7 (64 bits) Professional

Who can I argue with cool things, Mech-Poké-Form-Troid-Robo-Glasses-Nerd-Fortress-Portal
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:47 pm

Alter-Fox wrote:We probably are.Now that I was right I am very very smug. Probably too smug.

LOL.

Well, Fallout 3 could be done, Elder Scrolls could be done, so I trusted Bungie, famous maker of Halo, to pull off something similar.

Fail.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:25 pm

I have to wonder if their previous success went to their heads.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Actually the original Halo crew seems to have moved to 343 Industries, which was spun off Bungie to keep doing more Halo.

The engine guys probably knew what they were doing, but the guys who designed Bungie seem to be a bunch of incredibly amateurish industry / genre noobs. Now a game lives by its mechanics and most of all by its content, and not its visuals. In that sense, Destiny is rather dead than alive.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:49 am

Several weeks later I am totally done with Destiny.

Bungie is constantly making changes to the game to stretch it even more by forcing players into endlessly prolongued grinds where they have to play the same few, uninspired, bland, dull, boring missions over and over to upgrade some gear and weapons. They are constantly making changes to make it harder for people to solo play what they call "endgame" content and to force them into teaming up with other players - which is an option many Destiny players do not have and which is contradictory to what Bungie had said about Destiny in the past.

Bungie really just stinks. They twist the game anyway they want to to keep people from leaving the narrow path staying on which is their idea how this game has to be played. I am baffled by the amount of arrogance Bungie is so openly displaying to their customers. Recently, Bungie first nerfed a couple of highend weapons, causing an uproar in the Destiny community, and unnerfed them two weeks later, which of course caused a wave of relief - and Bungie had the cheek to celebrate themselves for (finally) publishing a good patch ... that is like wrestling somebody's arm on the back until he screams with pain and letting go of him after while, presenting oneself as that persons benefactor who has deserved gratefulness for removing the pain.

Bungie = Assholes.
darklord42

Postby darklord42 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:21 pm

They are most defiantly not the little studio that gave me marathon back in the 90's. There was a time when I loved Bungie. I'm still grateful for them for releasing the marathon 2 source code to the community, as well as giving out the whole series to it's small group of dedicated fans for free. (source code is one thing, but most studios don't release their old cult classics for free) Those were the days...

Well Alephone is still alive after 15 years, to let us play a 20 year old game on any system. Sounds familiar. :)
Macbook Pro 6,2
Mac OS. 10.9.3
2.8 GHz Intel i7
8 GB RAM
GeForce GT 340M 512mb/Intel HD Graphics
Intel HD Audio

Return to “Off Topic”