Bubbalou, once again

Don't feed, just watch and laugh.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Bubbalou, once again

Postby karx11erx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:51 am

BUBBALOU wrote:Now the question is not who did what.... but what have YOU done to ... try to accommodate any of these categories??
Do you work with the Community or against it. Did you welcome community input or reject it. One must look into their own actions before you lay blame on someone else.

Well, let me see.

- Built the first D2X version smoothly working on Windows XP?
- Added a lot of fixes and ported it to Linux and OS X?
- Took years of abuse, cursing, flaming, attempts to humiliate me, yet kept doing D2X-XL for free?
- Listened to criticism even if brought forth with massive insults?
- Added a pureD2 mode for the retro fans?

Looks like quite a record to me.

(I thought of replying in the Rebirth forum, but actually this rather is a flame bait, and Bubbalou is looking for any kind of attention he can get, so I put this where it belongs. :mrgreen:)

Since Bubbalou hijacked my IRC channel #descent2 the moment he got the chance to, he is finally ranking with the 10 or 20 people from the Descent community I esteem lowest, and someone I surely would not want to see using D2X-XL or this forum. Not that he cared, probably - the guy has no decency.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:20 pm

"Think happy thoughts", he said, if I recall correctly. After that post. It's vaguely like a cop drawing a smiley face on a speeding ticket.

Anyway, yeah, I wish he didn't post in that thread if he's going to say that, but the next best option is to not reply...
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Postby Obi-Wan Kenobi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:31 am

@ Sirius

I see what you mean indeed and I agree as well. Some people are best left a side as replying to such threads could only make things worse.
Firefox: 1CPU 8 Core OpteronMP 6140 D1, 32GB PC3-12800 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, Supermicro H8SGL-B/F, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 SE 8GB GDDR5
Blue-Leader: 2CPU 6 Core OpteronDP 2435 D0, 32GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2, Sapphire Nitro OC+ R9 Fury 4GB HBM
Valkyrie: 2CPU 12 Core OpteronMP 6180 SE D1, 48GB PC3-12800 ECC Reg HP/Hynix & Samsung, Supermicro H8DG6-F, Sapphire Nitro RX Vega 64 LE 2.0 8GB HBM2
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:17 am

From the dbb.net:

BUBBALOU wrote:
Sirius wrote:Sirius wrote:
Is the main screen turn on?
Classic and I thought you spoke Engrish, want a cheese puff?
Well, Sirius pulled a classic tech support joke, and Bubbsyboy mistook it for a chance to jump on him ... :lolol:

Fail.

Should we stop to misunderestimate Bubbs?

Probably not ...

Wie heisst es doch so schön: "Schon scheisse, wenn man doof ist".

:away:
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 am

I'm not quite sure what happened on that thread. In a manner of speaking Duper and Bubbalou were both right; I was mixing jokes (the opening post had the same grammatical error with "turn on"; it was too good to pass up). I can't work out what Bubbalou was trying to say, though.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:06 am

Bubbalou was trying to put you down for your bad grammar. I think he is attacking everything that has the red "D2X-XL" badge somewhere on it. Oh hold it, it's blue ... :P
Ben K

Postby Ben K » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:23 am

Ironically it's easier to understand Germans speaking English because, if they ever make any errors, at least they use coherent sentence structure.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:45 am

Whee, nice link!

:lolol:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/admin.htm :rofl:

OMG, this stuff is hilarious! One should make a battle card game out of this.

Return to “Visitors' Area”