GoG is pro, man.

Don't feed, just watch and laugh.
Sirius

GoG is pro, man.

Postby Sirius » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 am

Something some people may be interested in: GoG.com is offering D1+D2 for $3 for the weekend. Just in case it makes a difference.

However, it appears they have difficulty telling, uh, "which is which". Because those screenshots are not what they say they are. http://www.gog.com/en/news/descents_dxx ... ht/2009/08
:rofl:
Aus-RED-5
Forum Moderator

Re: GoG is pro, man.

Postby Aus-RED-5 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:18 pm

lol - epic fail!!

Shame they don't give XL it's respect as well!!

I mean really..... XL has tons more to offer and was around well before Rebirth!

Anyways, XL has just as much rights to be in the spotlight as Rebirth for the simple reason of it's part of the DESCENT COMMUNITY too! :rant:
----System Specs----
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D Black
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 960 3.20ghz
Heat Sink: Corsair H100 CPU Water Cooler
Memory: Corsair 6GB (3 x 2048mb) DDR3 1600 Dominator (PC12800 - TR3X6G1600C8D)
Video Card: ATi SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC Edition
Hard Drives: SSD Corsair Force Series 3 F120 120GB & WD5003ABYX Enterprise RE4 500GB
Media Player: LG BH10LS30 BluRay Burner
Power Supply: Corsair HX-850
Monitor: Benq XL2420T LED
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Well, that article is two years old, but it really is a shame that they posted D2X-XL screenshots in a Rebirth feature w/o mentioning that. You hardly do something like that by mistake. Actually that is a fraud already. I just wonder why they did that - maybe because Rebirth couldn't provide the visual quality they desired?

:rofl:

I have sent the following feedback about this to GoG:
karx11erx wrote:I am referring to this article: http://www.gog.com/en/news/descents_dxx ... ht/2009/08

I know this article is almost two years old, but I was only made aware of it today, and it has issues that urge me to write to you about it despite of its age. Of course you are free to write spotlights about whatever topic you want on your website, but do you think it is ok to write an article about one program and use screenshots from another, similar program there w/o even mentioning it? In my eyes that is fraudulent already. Shame on the article's author for it. You could make up for it by writing a nice spotlight about D2X-XL. ;-)

Let's see what will happen.
Pumo
D2X-XL Expert
D2X-XL Expert

Postby Pumo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Aus-RED-5 wrote:...Anyways, XL has just as much rights to be in the spotlight as Rebirth for the simple reason of it's part of the DESCENT COMMUNITY too! :rant:

Couldn't be better said. I totally agree to this.
I never liked the fact that GoG (acting very partial) favored much more Rebirth than XL.
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current progress: 60%
-SYSTEM SPECS-
CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300, 240GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA
External HDD: Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB 5400RPM
Video: nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB
Sound: RealTek High Definition Audio
Display 1: HP 2311 23" 1080p HD LED Monitor
Display 2: Dell 19" 1440x900 TFT Monitor
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:41 pm

They can do what they want in that regard, but writing a Rebirth feature and decorating it with D2X-XL screenshots because they look better is a bit gross.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Well, I have sent three messages to GoG about the issue, but neither has any of them subsequently appeared in the "my messages" panel of my GoG account, nor do I have received a reply (despite GoG promising a reply to every inquiry).

:no:
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Ya, this is kind of... lame advertising.
Borderline false advertising. The description was literally accurate though the implications were false... but then it really could have been talking about either port (minus the Zico parts). The implications were borderline false though... it came just shy of implying that DXX Rebirth came first.

If they wanted to use the D2X-XL screens to sell D1+D2 from their site, then they should have written the article about D2X-XL. Period. No excuses. They're selling the game, they're the only ones who are making the money, it shouldn't matter to them which not-for-profit port they feature.
And the more modern graphics of XL are more likely to keep the current generation of gamers for longer don't ya think? But then that's probably why they used the screens. It looks to me like they want to sell the game, but they don't care about what their customers think of it as long as they've bought it first. That's not a good corporate strategy...

I wonder how many people will come onto the Rebirth forums asking about how to get the XL features though :lol: .
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce

Return to “Visitors' Area”