bump mapping

All other topics around Descent and D2X-XL

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

Sykes

Postby Sykes » Sat May 16, 2009 9:48 pm

To lighten the mood, there's still a lot of multiplayer code that could use a little rewriting ;)
Enzo03

Postby Enzo03 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:59 pm

[Edit by karx - this is a version of the edited post that comes w/o superfluous, lenghty, unedited quotes and delivers its message by the surprisingly simple means of addressing the intended recipients.]

@karx11erx:

??? Then what'd I miss?

@pokeman:

Glad to see that program made you so ecstatic. It did the same to me back when I was making Halo maps (although I never really got one done... I'm such a procrastinator (or maybe just lazy?) at these things =]... I know how to do just about everything to do, but yeah, I'm just lazy).

So I guess if some people wanna get together and play around with crazybump to supply some normal maps, they can go ahead and give a reason to implement this feature. But other than that... :-\
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.
Thraka

Postby Thraka » Mon May 18, 2009 3:25 pm

darkflamewolf wrote:yes Alter-Fox and this is only wishful thinking, we all know it won't ever get implemented in D2X_XL

It is pointless for krax to take the time to learn and implement the feature when there is nothing to use it against. I think if we had the textures converted, that would give him a reason to implement it. Without that, it's wasted coding hours that could be spent on more important stuff. :)

Crazybump also requires you to purchase a license, the non-commercial one is 99 USD. IF people were actually able to spend their time doing that, I would buy the license (or part of it, if others would contribute to it too) for the project.

But in the same light, I would like to see time programming improved multiplayer and the ability for the engine to render more efficentially (if possible)
Weyrman
D2X-XL Expert
D2X-XL Expert

Postby Weyrman » Mon May 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Thraka wrote:........................ it's wasted coding hours that could be spent on more important stuff. :)

Yes, like family and a life away from this :) :roll:
-SYSTEM SPECS-
MBoard:"GigaByte Z68X-UD3H-B3" Motherboard
CPU: Intel i7 E2600 3.40GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133MHZ
HD: WDC 10EARX 1TB SATA
Video: GigaByte 1G ATI 4890
Monitor: Asus VS428 LCD 24"
Sound: Onboard - now with connected 5.1 sound system
Thraka

Postby Thraka » Wed May 20, 2009 2:15 am

Actually, I said more important stuff ;)
Enzo03

Postby Enzo03 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Now that I think about it, TBH I really would not mind if the water were bump mapped and given a cubemap/RTR so that it actually looked like water.
Games have had it since good 'ol 2001(ish) and I don't think it would be too out of place, given the goal of D2X-XL.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.
darkflamewolf

Postby darkflamewolf » Sat May 23, 2009 10:19 pm

might as well make lava have the same thing too then. :P All liquid surfaces! XD
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat May 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Since when is lava reflective?
darkflamewolf

Postby darkflamewolf » Sun May 24, 2009 12:16 pm

I meant the bumpmaps, the reflectivity can go for the water.
_Dorthoor_

Postby _Dorthoor_ » Sat May 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Sapphire Wolf wrote:Should we now start calling you Agent Diedel or something? :P

Rather Darth Diedel..:)

Return to “General Discussions”