Heeeeey guys!

To see how it will with D1 be,
I just download DLE-XP!

On the way I decided to stop by
to wave all of you a nice "hi"!

But this would be all you would get
I this starts tha butterfly effect!

Yoooo!

Sorry guys, I understand if you hate me now because of my ugly rhyming. I do so, too.

Well, what to say...
Karx and me, I think we are two very stubborn .... guys.
Hell breaks loose if we crash together.
However I want to try to do what I can if we can increase the level of respect for the other. Not only between Karx and me, but also between both community projects. I do not know what you think about my project. Well... actually, I am... also not happpy that it broke up something. You see, I do that simply for fun, to learn, to make something for me. I just shared it. No more, no less. However - I think alternatives are okay - everyone can choose - even both at the same time. And I hope some can see this the same way as I do. Not that I want you to see it my way - I just wanted to bring you my point to this.
I cannot promise how this'll end. I am no fortune teller but only a man.

greets, zic
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:03 pm

You could kill a Vogon. :)

Welcome, Zico :hello:, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Pumo
D2X-XL Expert
D2X-XL Expert

Postby Pumo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:28 pm

zico wrote:...everyone can choose - even both at the same time...

That's exactly what i do. I may have preference for D2X-XL, but nowadays i appreciate and support Rebrith and every other Descent related project (like Mods, old D1X/D2X original versions, missions, etc...).

So i'm glad to see you here Zico. :)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current progress: 60%
-SYSTEM SPECS-
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz (4 GHz Turbo)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333MHZ
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300, 240GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA
External HDD: Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB 5400RPM
Video: nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB
Sound: RealTek High Definition Audio
Display 1: LG 24M38H 24" 1080p HD LED Monitor
Display 2: Dell 19" 1440x900 TFT Monitor
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:40 pm

When people give me a choice by asking "Do you want cake or cookies?" I always reply "Yes!" :mrgreen:
CH-3

Postby CH-3 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:54 pm

To zico:
I think it's good to see you here at last.
I'm sure that most users here will be happy to welcome you.

I think that there will be no problem when each one gets used to each other. :)

Long life to both projects! :mrgreen:
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:55 am

Hi zico. Honestly, I think how you spend your time is your own business, and I can't deny that developing your own version of D1 and D2 is a good way to learn things about game engines... outdated though they may be, there is plenty that is still relevant. The community "schism" thing has much less to do with you than the simple fact that D1X-R/D2X-R exist, and aren't D2X-XL. The rest is caused by the community itself. :)

Anyway, do stick around... there is fairly often some interesting discussion around here on ... I guess the future of Descent, or something. I don't know whether it'll go anywhere any time soon, but the sentiment is there ...
Capt. Blackwood

Postby Capt. Blackwood » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:45 am

Capt. Blackwood welcomes Zico to the forums.

Please enjoy quality food, beverage, music and most of all Babes.
Aus-RED-5
Forum Moderator

Postby Aus-RED-5 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:32 am

Capt. Blackwood wrote:Please enjoy quality food, beverage, music and most of all DESCENT.

Sorry fixed that for ya! ;)

Welcome Zico to the forum. It's great to finally see you here.

I hope all works out well between the 2 projects! Good work and good luck to both! :thumb:
----System Specs----
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D Black
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 960 3.20ghz
Heat Sink: Corsair H100 CPU Water Cooler
Memory: Corsair 6GB (3 x 2048mb) DDR3 1600 Dominator (PC12800 - TR3X6G1600C8D)
Video Card: ATi SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC Edition
Hard Drives: SSD Corsair Force Series 3 F120 120GB & WD5003ABYX Enterprise RE4 500GB
Media Player: LG BH10LS30 BluRay Burner
Power Supply: Corsair HX-850
Monitor: Benq XL2420T LED
pokeman7452

Postby pokeman7452 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:24 pm

Welcome zico!

Anyone who attacks zico or DXX-Rebirth will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

No flames on this forum.
Laptop: (outdated)——————————————————————————————Desktop:
ASUS G72GXBBCDDDHLMPPPRTVWcdeefghimnoorruyz2 5 6 8000+-./()Newegged
Core 2 Duo (2.5Ghz)ABBDDGHLMPPPRSSTUVWXcdefgimnry6 78000+-/i5 3570K (4.0-4.7ghz)
6GB DDR2ABCDGHLMPPPSSTUVWXcdeefghimnoorruyz2 5 7 8000+-./()16GB DDR3
Geforce GTX 260MABBCDDDHLPPPRSSUVWdghimnoruyz2 5 7800+-./()GTX650Ti
80GB + 500GB HDDACDLMPPPRSSTUVWXcdeefghimnoorruyz2 267-./()2X500GB in RAID0 + 1TB
DL DVD+-RWABBCGGHMPPPSSTUXcdeefghimnoorruyz2 2 5 678000./()52X CD-R | HD DVD/Blu-Ray, DL DVD+-RW + LS
Win 7 Home Pre/XP ProABBCDDDGGLMRSSTUVcdfghuyz22568000+-.()Win 7 Pro/XP Pro
zico

Postby zico » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Heyho

I want to thank you all for the warm Welcomes.

I am really feeling very comfortable - especially now that I know that Karx likes the "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy". ;)
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Who doesn't?

P.S. You don't qualify as a Vogon yet, though.

P.P.S. How did I miss Diedel's comment. >.> Maybe it's an SEP field...
Last edited by Sirius on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DescentMax

Postby DescentMax » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:07 am

I finally found my login! weeeee. I play on both projects. :) :D
Sykes

Postby Sykes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:42 am

The only reason I'm posting here is because Karx said something that adds one more to my list of epic Diedel quotes for my signature :D

I read through everything, and I saw everyone's comment, and honestly, I'm just far too shallow to even formulate an opinion, so I'm just going to wave my little black and blue flag with the word "D2X-XL" and quietly say to myself "Go Diedel!" :D

EDIT: Also, HI ZICO! I'm the local idiot, loler (I lol at stuff a lot), and ex-awesome bug tester. Karx was even nice enough to make fun of me for my idiocy when I fell in his April Fools trap! And Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is pretty much my all-time favorite book... Even if it's the only book I've ever read >_>
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Well, I think cooperation is over. This is my reply to Zico's last post in the related thread in his forum. I wrote this post ahead of Zico's post, but it looks like I could have saved myself the effort.

I have to say that I am fed up with the show over there and I think it is time to talk about the real reasons why this didn't work out. I also want to send ahead that I am not trying to insult, but I cannot force people not to chose feeling offended when a truth is presented to them they don't like to hear.

karx11erx wrote:Zunächst mal was die Beleidigungen angeht: Du brauchst Dich nicht zu wundern, wenn jemand wie Bubbalou, der offensichtlich ständig nur stänkert und stichelt, irgendwann eine von Forumsmitgliedern auf die Waffel bekommt, wenn die Moderation nicht funktioniert.

Mit Dir kann man nicht zusammenarbeiten - nicht umgekehrt, denn Du akzeptierst ja kein Gegenargument und bist nicht dazu zu bewegen, korrekt und ohne Übertreibungen zu beurteilen, was ich in D2X-Rebirth eingebaut habe. Dir kann man fünf mal sagen, wie man es gemeint hat, Du bestehst immer noch auf Deiner Ansicht und (Fehl-) Interpretation der Dinge.

Solange Du diese weinerliche Art nicht aufgibst, Dich ständig als missverstandenes und überfahrenes Opfer meiner "überheblichen Versuche, Dein Projekt zu dominieren" darzustellen, und Dich auf diese Weise immer ins Recht zu setzen versuchst, wird aus der Zusammenarbeit in der Tat nichts, weil Du sie verhinderst. Das liegt aber gewiss nicht an mir, denn ich beweise im Beruf und auch in D2X-XL oft genug, dass ich es kann.

Du bist einfach nicht ehrlich, das ist das Problem.

Ich frage mich, ob Du nicht damit klarkommst dass jemand es schafft, an einem Wochenende so etwas in D2X-Rebirth reinzubauen wie ich es getan habe, weil es Dir ständig ein Gefühl der Unterlegenheit gibt - was ich nicht beabsichtige - das ist Dein mentales Problem.

Ich habs Dir schon mal gesagt, und ich sage es wieder, ohne die Absicht, Dich zu beleidigen, aber weil ich es als Tatsache betrachte: Benimm Dich endlich wie ein Erwachsener. Hör auf, Deine wahre Motivation hinter Vorwänden zu verstecken, sie ist offensichtlich genug persönlicher und nicht sachlicher oder technischer Art.

karx11erx wrote:Ahead of everything else concerning the insults: You don't need to be amazed when somebody like Bubbalou who is constantly only trying to cause grief and to provoke gets slapped in the face by forum members when there is no proper moderation.

There is no way to cooperate with you - not the other way round, because you do not accept any counter argument to your claims and can't be convinced to evaluate correctly and w/o exaggeration what I have built into D2X-Rebirth. You can be told five times how it is meant, but you keep insisting on your opinion and (mis-) interpretation of the issue.

As long as you don't stop to whine about how you feel as misunderstood and run over victim of my "arrogant attempts to take over your project" and to try justifying yourself that way, there will indeed be no cooperation, because you prevent it. That's certainly not my fault, because I have shown that I know how to cooperate at my job as well as in my project here.

You simply aren't honest, that's the problem.

I am asking myself whether the real issue is that you cannot live with somebody putting something in D2X-Rebirth like I did, because it gives you a sense of inferiority - which is not my intention - it's your mental problem.

I told you once, and I am saying it again, not to insult you, but because I consider it a matter of fact: Start acting like a man. Stop covering up your true motives, it's clear enough already that they are of personal and not technical nature.

Bottom line: Zico doesn't really want to cooperate. Alright then.
Last edited by karx11erx on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Sounds like, at least from what I can understand, he wants the work on DXX-R to be entirely his own? Well, okay, then ...

Return to “General Discussions”