why do not combine them?

All other topics around Descent and D2X-XL

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

-JoFFa-

why do not combine them?

Postby -JoFFa- » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:56 am

Hello there fellow descent masters! I really wondering about something and possibly my question will make a lot of anger and wrath - but curiosity is above my fear of it.

At last we have a blessing by the forum on d2x-xl site.

And in this here forum -we can post questions comments and other notices.

But one question bugs me.

1. some guys post bug reports here. and there is always a correct guide to them of how to do it correctly. guide sometimes as a reply. every time they did.

2. In SF - answers arrive on e-mail. so to check out - person - including the creator of all of it - should visit several places instead of one.

My question is: Isn't it easier to make one terminal? I mean why not to make this possibility to place bug reports here only?

Thanks and please do not flame me!
:)
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:01 pm

Sourceforge is better designed for handling bug reports.

However, it isn't very good for a community discussion forum. That's what this is for (mostly since DescentBB is hardly appropriate any more... we can at least keep the inciters of civil unrest out this way).
MetalBeast

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:27 pm

Sirius wrote:Sourceforge is better designed for handling bug reports.

However, it isn't very good for a community discussion forum. That's what this is for (mostly since DescentBB is hardly appropriate any more... we can at least keep the inciters of civil unrest out this way).

Exactly ;)

This Forum is NOT for bug-reporting, but you can talk with other users about bugs, workarounds, system-configs etc.
Bug reportings should always be made in SF.net.

The reason why we made this form is, cause we want to keep the d2xxl community together, which is difficult in other descent related forums.
Also you have more possibilities to provide extended bug information. SF.net is very restricted in this point.

So we have:

SF-NET > Bug-reporting > Bug-tracking
Forum > bug discussions, extended reports, other d2x-xl related stuff (remodeling, retexturing, tools-coding etc.)

The Forum is not second way, the forum is extended way ;)

I hope you understand now ;)
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks guys! Now things became clearer for me.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Nobody here gets mad if asked reasonable questions.

The simple reason I will (usually) only react to bug reports made of SF.net is that that is the only way for me to get all requests well sorted so I won't overlook any. As a matter of experience bug reports made in a forum quickly turn into a big mess. I may make (very few) exceptions from that, but that will always be exceptions.

Return to “General Discussions”