Gauss/Vulcan and robots

All other topics around Descent and D2X-XL

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

Ressk

Gauss/Vulcan and robots

Postby Ressk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Ok so the vulcan/gauss on your ship fires those tracer things that can leave smoke trails. thats cool. the descent 1 evil vulcan robo thing also has these tracers. cool (though that robot is the devil in disguise). BUT the gauss robot from Descent 2, when it fires, does NOT have tracers. i can tell there is a progectile, because there is a flight time for its attacks. it just is invisible. it would be really cool if it also left tracers behind.
note i am still on V1.15.169, and i will update and edit this post if anything changes.
Alter-Fox

Re: Gauss/Vulcan and robots

Postby Alter-Fox » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 pm

The vulcan bot from D1 uses the same version of the vulcan cannon as the player (Player weapons generally do more damage than robot weapons and don't ramp up damage as you go higher in difficulty - though player vulcan and player vauss actually do more damage on hotshot and higher). So it has the same tracers as the player.
The gauss bot in D2 has a robot gauss cannon (that does no damage on trainee in any D2 version I might add). So it's not the same as the player version. I gave them player gauss once in a level I made... Trainee difficulty became insane :P. But the tracers did look cool.

I don't think this would be too hard to add (I'm no expert though). Make a feature request on sourceforge if you haven't already.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce
Ressk

Postby Ressk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Posted on sourceforge.
and that idea of giving them the player gauss cannon could be implemented with the windup period. thus they are just as deadly, but you have a delay to get out of the way :D
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:48 pm

New bug reports referring to outdated D2X-XL will be deleted.

First test using the latest version.
Ressk

Postby Ressk » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 am

oh right, sorry forgot to mention that i did update before doing the testing. its a feature request anyway

Return to “General Discussions”