Mapping competition! Summer contest

All other topics around Descent and D2X-XL

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

homeyduh

Re: Mapping competition! Summer contest

Postby homeyduh » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:24 am

Dang...I was hoping for a nice explosion lol ah well. I can always just make 2 separate 1 way wind tunnels that don't cross each other, but are pretty close. I'll look into it after the contest since I already have 3 maps in mind/in progress for this contest.
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 am

D2X-XL allows to change direction in a wind tunnel, so you could make then so that players coming from opposite directions are guided around each other. That works by placing speed boost triggers in the wind tunnel. The direction given to the player passing a speed boost trigger is always the speed boost trigger's target segment side. Grab Lunar Outpost Reloaded and inspect the entrance tunnel with DLE to see how that is done.
homeyduh

Postby homeyduh » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:10 am

Hey guys just a week and a half left for the contest! Try to get something in or it's just me and PPSki in the contest!
Sol Contingency mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Community Relations, and all-around nice guy.

homeyduh

Postby homeyduh » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Hey guy the poll for the mapping contest just opened. Feel free to download maps and vote for up to 3 maps.

homeyduh

Postby homeyduh » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:43 pm

The mapping contest poll was moved to the DBB forums for greater accessibility to the greater Descent community. Future contests will have the submission thread also moved to the DBB forums.

Return to “General Discussions”