Custom weapons mod?

Install & setup problems, application questions and other nasty things ;)

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Re: Custom weapons mod?

Postby karx11erx » Wed May 27, 2015 5:58 am

That's a but with homing weapons' target tracking that has been fixed again already. I had been fiddling with optimizations for visibility checks, and this one had gone to far, and I hadn't noticed.
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Wed May 27, 2015 10:07 am

Um...maybe its the way you phrased your post because I'm not following. So does that means the homing weapons are fixed again now?
FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Retrochallengegamer wrote:Um...maybe its the way you phrased your post because I'm not following. So does that means the homing weapons are fixed again now?

Yes give the latest update a try. Basically what he means is he was doing optimizations to visibility checks (may have been to fix one of the crashing bugs we found), and it turns out homing weapons used that same code to home in on targets, and got messed up as a result. So give it a try on the latest build and let us know if it still happens.
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 pm

The bug ticket states 1.18.19 that I'm finding the bug and I can't find any newer versions than that. So trying the 'latest version' is fruitless since I'm already doing that. So I have no choice but to wait for 1.18.20 to come out. :clue:
FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » Wed May 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Retrochallengegamer wrote:The bug ticket states 1.18.19 that I'm finding the bug and I can't find any newer versions than that. So trying the 'latest version' is fruitless since I'm already doing that. So I have no choice but to wait for 1.18.20 to come out. :clue:

That's good to know. So it still occurs in absolute latest.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Wed May 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Fixed.

"Puffdaddy" (lol) looks like a Omega cannon hit effect. Don't ask me where this came from. :think:
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Thu May 28, 2015 10:20 am

Works amazing now. Homing weapons are functional! :joy:

Still get crashes on levels after it seems I've explored them some and try to look at the automap and move it around. I'm guessing it has something to do with how much is revealed? Because earlier in each level it crashes on, I can use the automap fine, it seems the longer I'm in the level and the more I explore it, it crashes more often. But that's just a guess. More info is in the bug ticket.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu May 28, 2015 11:28 am

I can do what I want - no crashes in the automap, regardless of how high I crank the settings. :?
FinnFann

Postby FinnFann » Thu May 28, 2015 11:36 am

Retrochallengegamer wrote:Works amazing now. Homing weapons are functional! :joy:

Still get crashes on levels after it seems I've explored them some and try to look at the automap and move it around. I'm guessing it has something to do with how much is revealed? Because earlier in each level it crashes on, I can use the automap fine, it seems the longer I'm in the level and the more I explore it, it crashes more often. But that's just a guess. More info is in the bug ticket.

Quick question. How much ram/vram do you have? Also are you using the large texture packs? Does it still occur if you set the render quality down to say low? It sounds like you might be running out of vram or ram. Also does it happen without texture pack us if you are using them?
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu May 28, 2015 11:43 am

LOL!

One minute after I posted that I couldn't reproduce the crash, it happened, and it was a really simple fix. This bug had also been the result of a recent optimization (which still is in place; this was just an out of bounds array access).

1.18.21 in preparation. ;-)
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Thu May 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Well I can't even download 1.18.23 because the link just directs me to the downloads page, where I click on d2x-xl, and then click on the download which leads me to the downloads page....etc. :crazy:
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri May 29, 2015 12:00 am

It's online now.
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Fri May 29, 2015 10:23 am

I'll pick it up now. As for having a 'saved game' available to you. I am not really doing saves in this challenge. I'm doing cold starts and recording the levels from start to finish. I normally don't 'expect' the game to crash, so I don't save it during my recordings. The goal is to show the viewer that it can be done in one go.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Fri May 29, 2015 10:28 am

Well, I made that note to myself. But be prepared to have a savegame - I might ask for one. ;)
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Fri May 29, 2015 10:41 am

I really hope these crashes stop so I don't resort to saved games. I'd like to keep 90% of this series as a blind run but its kind of hard to do that if I have to keep repeating levels. :clue:
As for actually testing to see if the automap CTD is gone, I can't. I posted on someone else's bug ticket a lightmap computation bug I'm encountering. It seems to be the same one, so I didn't bother creating a new ticket for it since one was already there.

Return to “D2X-XL Help”