Custom weapons mod?

Install & setup problems, application questions and other nasty things ;)

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

Retrochallengegamer

Re: Custom weapons mod?

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:40 pm

The Kalkis have crashed my computer twice. Before I post a ticket, I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the cause before I just 'name' the ticket some misleading title having you go chase down a rabbit hole.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Post a bug report and attach a savegame short before you confront a Kalki.
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:50 am

Okay, first try was all sorts of screwed up. I barely got out of the entry room in level 16 with the Kalki. Second try, I nailed it, but not before dying two times getting out of the entry room! The rest of the level was pins and needles all the way to the end on one life left! Exciting episode! :bounce:
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Looking forward to your let's plays! :thumb:
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:51 pm

After a couple false starts in level 16, I breezed through levels 16-19 without too many problems. Sure there were more dangerous robots and in greater quantities, but the amount of weaponry there and the space to move (in most instances) helped out a good deal. Now I hit level 20 and I ram into a brick wall. I have tried numerous ways of tackling this level and none have been good. I know that I need to hit the exit route first to grab a much needed spreadfire and maybe secure the energy center before I move onward to the blue key area and....that's about as far as I got so far. Knowing that this is a boss level doesn't help matters.... :facepalm:
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Yeah 20 is certainly a difficulty spike, and the difficulty stays spiked...
One of the best-looking levels in there though.

I haven't played these maps from a cold start so I wouldn't know what to do. Once I get to the point where I have all weapons I don't have too much trouble till map 25. And they certainly weren't designed with the weapons mod in mind so there's a distinct possibility of them not being doable without some kind of really huge heroic effort.
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:56 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?
Does this even count? After 9 frustrating tries to beat level 20, I finally did it....sort of. I beat the boss, got the score, but on my way out, due to how the custom weapons work, he was firing some slow-ass moving weapon that had the blast of a Mega Missile. Because it blended in, I didn't see it on my way out of the boss room until it killed me. Cue 'you died in the mine' card, but I had one life left over to carry on to level 21 and thus progress. Per my challenge, I only stated I need to beat each individual level without a game over (meaning, do it in one sitting), which I technically did. I never put in a clause where dying yet still progressing was an option. Should it count? I'm really not looking forward to a 10th, 11th or more times on this level.... :rant:
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:57 am

I decided to go back and redo the level right. I did a lot better this time with no deaths surprisingly! Although some close calls! I will include the death at almost completion of the level just for grins because my reaction is....less than appropriate. lol
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:36 am

LOL!

Looking forward to that one! :mrgreen:
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:31 am

Progress has been slow, but I'm now up to level 23. These last few levels are pulling out all the stops. Level 23 does start you off with level 4 lasers, but without Quad and the only reliable energy center a short distance away with a horde of Mantids, Terapinners, Komodos, and Warlords between you and the blessed center is draining on both energy and lives. The remainder of the level is nothing to sneeze at either. Sure you get some of the more powerful weaponry but not until much further in the level where you don't need them nearly as bad! Its so frustrating!
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Ooh... yeah. If that's the level I'm thinking of it was one of the fairer ones, though, in that lines of sight were usually pretty long and you have a chance to kill many robots from range (although that's typically wasteful of energy, until you have a recharge station cleared), or at least dodge what they shoot.

But there are still ambushes, and if you get surprised you often die from them... :shock:
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Where is the reactor in level 23? Seriously....
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:18 pm

I think there might be a secret door somewhere marked with red access?
Don't remember exactly.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:59 am

Oh... yeah, if you aren't past that yet, it should show up on the automap.
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:28 am

I'm in level 24 right now. I'm struggling since no strong weapons are given up front and you must 'hope' for a Plasma Cannon drop from the first two Legionnaires of the level. Otherwise, you are in a world of pain for the first part of 24. It basically makes or breaks a run. Getting to the last few levels and it is tough!

Return to “D2X-XL Help”