Custom weapons mod?

Install & setup problems, application questions and other nasty things ;)

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

Sirius

Re: Custom weapons mod?

Postby Sirius » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Good luck on 25 ;)
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:31 pm

I'm not even there technically. I'm still on level 24, trying not to die in the reactor run. There are no less than 4 warlords between you and the exit upon reactor destruction. This is bullshit. I don't even want to know what levels 25 and 26 have in store honestly. I think if level 25 or 26 are just as bad as this one, I might just drop my challenge and play them normally. Even go so far as to start back a few levels to gain some items/weapons to help or just drop the difficulty setting altogether. Unlike Calamarius, I don't have unlimited time to spend on these challenges and I have got to move onto other things. So that said, I'll give it a few more shots and then call it and move on.

EDIT: I just beat this level the very try after this post. Figures. It wasn't pretty but it was completed. Either way, onto level 25 which based on my first fly through is going to be......lovely.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:49 am

Bullshit?

You shouldn't forget that this mission has never been made with flawless cold start runs in mind. It is hard, but well feasible when playing through it normally, collecting all the weapons on your way.
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:33 am

Yeah I'll be honest, I don't know if trying to cold-start level 25 on a no-death run is plausible without a lot of pain - I have to assume it is possible due to the way Descent works but you're going to be low on ammo and facing a boss that, if you have to fight him alone with energy weapons only... well, to borrow a phrase I once heard, it'll probably be like eating glass.

I don't recall which level was the ragequit capital of the mission, but that one must be high on the list - and they weren't cold-starting.

On the bright side, if you manage to get through it, you're probably home free. Unless you try to do the challenge level - I don't know whether I've actually beaten that.
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 pm

I've beaten the mission set now and I'm now going back through to discover and show off the six secret levels. Based on my current schedule, that should put the start of this play series at the beginning of 2016. So expect the first video to go up around that time. Sorry for the long wait but its basically done! :joy:
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Okay, given my other LP series and my schedule, I have a FIRM, SOLID date on the first video going up of The Enemy Within. Prepare theyself: February 15....barring my death, the first video of this long series should be up and will go on for a few months, posting every Monday/Wednesday/Friday each week. It is coming.... :) I'll make a new post in the appropriate forum when its up.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Very cool! :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing it.

Return to “D2X-XL Help”