opinion on bug tickets

Install & setup problems, application questions and other nasty things ;)

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

ZackG
PLONK

opinion on bug tickets

Postby ZackG » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:49 am

I know this doesn't belong here. I don't know where to put it but here goes. im not trying to offend anyone but I am disappointed on what Diedal did on this bug ticket
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... _id=155890
He claims that its working for him but not for me and just closes it. does he want me to suffer. is he that busy that he doesn't have time to help people? or I didn't have enough information. this is what I did. I downloaded the hires models and the texture. and moved them to the proper places. I HAVE the bullet and texture models at the models folder and for some reason it still CTDs with a memory access violation. decreasing textures didn't help. I even reinstalled the entire game and it didnt work. this program so far is the buggiest I have ever seen and you really cant make shaders yourself. you need to get the sources from NVIDIA themselves if you want help. I like the program but its just buggy to a sort. I hope someone here besides Diedal here can help

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.67Ghz
GeForce 8800GTX
2GB ddr2 RAM
1TB system

Thanks

Zack
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:53 am

So the program is buggy, right? How much did you pay for it? Or for the support? What have you ever given to this project besides flaming me here?

It working for me means I cannot reproduce the problem and thus not fix it. I am not God that I could somehow guess from here what's going wrong at your side.

You may also want to read all of this http://www.descent2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=473 to get a better understanding of this project, my role in it, and my stance towards people acting like you.

I owe you nothing, and nobody else here does.
Last edited by karx11erx on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
ZackG
PLONK

Postby ZackG » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:58 am

Im not trying to offend you. I truly understand that its very hard work to make this game running. but still everything works fine except this one. where exactly do the bullet model and texture go?
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 am

You do offend me with your thoughtless attitude!

Why don't you do as much as you can yourself and start playing with the options and settings until you (at least halfway) know what causes the crash and when it disappears to aid me? Read the installation guide, it's all there.

If you feel treated badly by me, think about what I have done for this project and people using it, and that I have a dang right to be treated respectfully and with tolerance.

It is 2 o'clock at night here, my son is sick and my wife is mad at me because I am still sitting in front of my computer.

Stupid me.

Looking at what I have gotten back from this project, it has been stealing my good lifetime.

Think of that next time before getting upset about me!
Last edited by karx11erx on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZackG
PLONK

Postby ZackG » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:04 am

ok. it only occurs when I fire the gauss and the vulcan with the bullet casings on. it works fin with it off. another strange thing is that when I didnt install the hires model of the PyroGX, no bullet casings appear when firing. and I apologize the the thoughtlessness. I have autism so I tend to be stupid a little. I hope you understand that.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:07 am

I doubt that if you were truly autistic you'd post here at all. And if you do, I'd know a lot of people who were way more autistic than you and don't think they are ... :lolol:

I am sorry, but I really cannot help you with this bar sitting in front of your machine and debugging D2X-XL on it. You will have to turn them off until I happen to stumble into that bug myself. It's a minor problem anyway.
ZackG
PLONK

Postby ZackG » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:16 am

:P I actually highly functional which means that that I can do stuff but just have limited interaction. my man problem is the communication. I did not talk until I was 6 and was actually acting weird a little. and look being autistic doesn't mean you are worthless. right. i will tinker with some stuff on it until I find out what causes it.

Thanks. and I hope your son gets better. hate seeing a sick kid
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:06 am

Nobody here said you are worthless, and I also don't think that (and would'nt know why I should think that). There is no "worthless" human life. But from what you wrote you just disappear a little thoughtless, and I have met people behaving way worse than you did here, believing they were perfectly normal.

Return to “D2X-XL Help”