Dimensional Intersect [FINAL 1.4]

All about modding, mapping and modeling for D2X-XL

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

Alter-Fox

Re: Dimensional Intersect [FINAL 1.4]

Postby Alter-Fox » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:48 am

I found a bug in the multilevel version that makes it unfinishable (except maybe with the Freespace cheat).

When the boss of a level is destroyed in the multilevel version it doesn't open the exit door or even unlock it.

In other news, I :ahem: 'found' the perfect song for The Forest, that matches it in intensity: Red Shield.
You can't use it though because it was made for another project. Still it sounds awesome in that level, and it's not quite so frustrating when you're listening to something like this.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce
Yokelassence

Postby Yokelassence » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 am

Ok in the multilevel version it looks like I changed it so that the bosses no longer control the exit, or the countdown. Instead each level now has a reactor and the reactor is hardtriggered to open the door.

Killing the boss however, should open access to the reactor instead. Like for example in the asteroid level there is a door to the reactor at the very top of the boss chamber that is normally locked until you kill the boss.

did the door/wall to the reactor unlock/open after killing the boss? What levels did this happen in?

Also that music rocks! Reminds me of Red Factions music slightly. Is that your work?
[edit] Yes it is your work, well done

also if the forest is frustrating, you need more mega missiles ;)

[edit again]

listening to more of your music, liking this
-Core i5 4690 3.5Ghz--GTX 1070 8GB--16GB DDR3 800--Z97 Extreme4--512GB SSD/2TB HDD--Zalman Z11 case-

Old PC that no longer turns on. May it R.I.P:
-Core 2 Duo E8500 3.2Ghz--HD4850 512MB--4GB DDR2-800--Gigabyte EP45-DS3L--640GB Storage--Antec 300 Case-
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:04 am

Thanks.
Dan Wentz (the composer for Descent II and Red Faction) is a big influence on me - even more now that I'm about to start seriously working on the Miner Wars soundtrack (that he's the audio director for).

About the reactors: I did not know that, I'll look for them now. Thanks.

And wait until you hear the rest of the Project Ragnarok soundtrack (when Sapphirewolf releases the mission)... I'm experimenting with a lot of different instrumental and lyrical styles (from synthpop, to breakbeat, to rap... did I mention the breakbeat rap?).

EDIT: I found the reactor in the Asteroid - I just didn't know to look for it.
If I remember right there may be one spot in the Desert that I either need major help with or just doesn't work - I'll check if it's still there when I reach it (I also may have opened it in the editor to remove that part and just make the door unlocked, so I'm not completely sure).
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce
Yokelassence

Postby Yokelassence » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:08 am

I'm going to guess that part in the Desert where you have trouble is the pair of doors that only open after you kill 2 nearby Red Fatty Jr's

That area has always been problematic, what with the triggers failing to execute for random and spontaneous reasons. I checked those triggers thoroughly before my last release and they did work, but weird and unpredictable things happen in this game.

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere or if you can't get to certain items because I never built any traps that indefinitely stop the player progressing, nor did I pull any 'Darkflamewolves' by allowing power-ups to be permanently sealed behind walls. If either of those things happen, its a bug.

I'd check again but my XL version is way out of date and I'm focused on my UT2004 mapping at the moment
Attachments
anomaly1.jpg
anomaly1.jpg (167.45 KiB) Viewed 4195 times
-Core i5 4690 3.5Ghz--GTX 1070 8GB--16GB DDR3 800--Z97 Extreme4--512GB SSD/2TB HDD--Zalman Z11 case-

-Core 2 Duo E8500 3.2Ghz--HD4850 512MB--4GB DDR2-800--Gigabyte EP45-DS3L--640GB Storage--Antec 300 Case-
Yokelassence

Postby Yokelassence » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Now that Sphere 1.6 is finished, I've started looking at DI now and gathering notes on anything that's not working right

DI doesn't have nearly as many horrific problems as The Sphere did. While The Sphere was loaded with all my noob hax, DI was engineered properly and isn't afflicted with lots of broken mechanics

That said, there is a critical bug that I need to fix. In D.I Monolevel (single level version), the matcens have apparently swapped robots. So the wrong robots spawn in the wrong place. This is totally gamebreaking as boss robots can spawn where they shouldn't

This bug does not appear to be present in D.I polylevel which doesn't seem to have any serious issues

On top of this we also have the same problem with general imbalance, bad gameplay and unfairness in the game difficulty which I will be resolving as much as possible. So Dimensional Intersect 1.5 is now in the works as both a bug fix update and a re-balance

Irontower

Postby Irontower » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:49 am

Many thanks! Is the latest version the one on the DMDB?
Yokelassence

Postby Yokelassence » Mon May 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Hi Irontower. The latest version of The Sphere is on DMDB. Check the thread

Return to “D2X-XL Mapping & Modding”