karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Wolfie's mp mission "Hive Of Despair"

Postby karx11erx » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:08 pm

darkflamewolf

Re: Screenshots from Wolfie's "Hive Of Despair"

Postby darkflamewolf » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:15 am

Disregard my latest email, I didn't bother checking here first. BTW: AWESOME! O_O

EDIT: You can get the new level here: http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=420
It took me quite a while to finally land upon a good design for this level. Its really not a typical MP design for a level. But it naturally allows for a good deal of dogfighting with some occasional tunnel ratting. Lots of routes to and from each location. New robot-infused player ship along with 4 modified thieves for robo-anarchy. Definitely worth your time with 3+ players!

EDIT 2: I just played in it tonight with Dfreak and I must say, even with 2 players, you can easily find each other and it flows rather smoothly. So I'm glad. Now if only the flags in CTF would stay/respawn in the initial positions they are placed in every time, then we'll have a solid CTF level too! As it stands, its no fun picking a random spawned flag so close to your goal. Here, in their initial locations, its a trial of teamwork to get someone back to their goal!
Sirius

Re: Wolfie's mp mission "Hive Of Despair"

Postby Sirius » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 am

If people would actually play D2X-XL's enhanced CTF mode you could get that... but nobody does so you get easter-egg hunt instead.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 am

Yep, D2X-XL's CTF+ mode offers exactly what you are looking for: Proper flag returning and behavior, and fixed team spawn points (like e.g. in Unreal Tournament). CTF TWIMTBP (the way it's meant to be played), so to speak. See here for details.

Another reason to switch to D2X-XL for multiplayer.

Not that anybody would care, apparently. :P
darkflamewolf

Postby darkflamewolf » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 am

well if my laptop performed reliably, I'd switch! :P But I'd also have to have a pool of players to switch to as well! Do we got those? (I know have you, and Sirius, and Pumo, who else?
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 am

Well, CTF start to be real fun with at least 6 players per team. I have a CTF+ map that supports up to 16, but where do we get them? In the die hard Stillbirth-geared anarchy only faction? :clue:

Return to “D2X-XL Mapping & Modding”