patch to make the game easier

All about modding, mapping and modeling for D2X-XL

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

should I bother to tidy this up with menu items?

yes
33%
no
33%
terminal velocity is underrated
No votes
the player needs a reason to pick up blue orbs if his shield just regenerates like that
33%
you know the Parallax guys initially intended for the shields to regenerate but decided against it, the level files are named .rdl for a reason
No votes

Total votes: 3
eigenlambda

patch to make the game easier

Postby eigenlambda » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:23 am

hey guys,

I just hacked in some things I like from other games

* Regenerating shields like Halo 2

* Lasers fire one gun at a time when out of energy, like Terminal Velocity

* Push a button to get a bunch of markers showing you which way to your objective like in Bioshock Infinite

You might think these aren't good ideas, and I haven't finished figuring out how to add menu items to make them things that can be turned off. But if you've been wanting these sorts of features, this patch should apply to the current version.

Apparently I can't upload patches to this forum because "the extension patch is not allowed", so let's go to pastebin http://pastebin.ca/2910410
Alter-Fox

Re: patch to make the game easier

Postby Alter-Fox » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:24 pm

If I can select up to four options I can vote yes and no! I don't even understand what the file extensions have to do with regenerating shields. It stands for "registered descent level".

I wouldn't play with these options cuz Descent's one of those beautiful games that's still challenging after 20 years, and that's why I still play it. But I'm sure you could find someone who wants it. It's certainly interesting.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce

Return to “D2X-XL Mapping & Modding”