Which model editor was used for Pumo mines?

All non Descent related stuff. Keep it civilized, this is not an NHB area.
-JoFFa-

Re: Which model editor was used for Pumo mines?

Postby -JoFFa- » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Your reaction is predictable, but i did not critisize your tremendous work.

In fact i did finished several textures. You seem to forget(as you did not sometimes referred to me) that it was i who created the sparkling texture for your beloved energy centers and provided at least 3 of the reactor textures.

I would do more. But i'm an artist. Most of my efferts today is to add things to D cause its tricky. And if you ask me - can artist use set of tools you've kindly created to put something in game without seeking help from third parties- i'd answer - yet - but it'll either take much time or...no. so the first - is what i'm currently stuck into...

All what i said is what you know yourself. Because if you would not - then you would not continue to fix bugs and so on. You do that because you think, just as i that D2x-xl ,while outstanding, needs constant maintenance and improval.
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 pm

#1 I fix those bugs I know of (others are hard to fix, at least intentionally)
#2 I fix bugs because I don't like them

What's so tremendously hard about finishing texturing for the Wolf?
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:47 pm

lack of time
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Oh, I see: The next 20 projects you simultaneously start and lose interest in after a while?
-JoFFa-

Postby -JoFFa- » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Just like you I lose interest when i have to waste my time on the tasks i have no interest in, due to a certain level of mediocrity either the engine or the mismatching or lack of tutorials in vicinity. No offence.

I have time to spend on researching but you cannot expect me to really have fun from some repetitive tasks. Make... export.. fail.. make.. export.. fail.. make.. export.. fail...repeat 88 times .. make... export - slight success...10 hours wasted - on what? - addition of the #flare tag to the model. support? vary from little to none. so sorry for lack of motivation on my side.

I'm an artist. I stopped wasting my life on something like i mentioned above - while i was in school. Sorry. Have dozens of chicks to seduct instead.

Wolf textures - i have a certain priority to them. there is a saying - you can't rush art. heard that one?
Sirius

Postby Sirius » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 am

-JoFFa- wrote:Have dozens of chicks to seduct instead.

Hoooo boy. :away:
Ben K

Postby Ben K » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 am

Maybe you can't rush art that you're not being paid for, but when there's a deadline you find a way. :mrgreen:
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:27 am

-JoFFa- wrote:Just like you I lose interest when i have to waste my time on the tasks i have no interest in, due to a certain level of mediocrity either the engine or the mismatching or lack of tutorials in vicinity. No offence.

Oh, "no offence". Adding insult to injury.

-JoFFa- wrote:I have time to spend on researching but you cannot expect me to really have fun from some repetitive tasks. Make... export.. fail.. make.. export.. fail.. make.. export.. fail...repeat 88 times .. make... export - slight success...10 hours wasted - on what? - addition of the #flare tag to the model. support? vary from little to none. so sorry for lack of motivation on my side.

How should I help with tools I have no idea of? Why should I help when all you'd have needed to do is to look into one of MB's models using that tag, or ask him how to do it? How I could I help when you apparently lack what it takes to figure that yourself?

-JoFFa- wrote:I'm an artist. I stopped wasting my life on something like i mentioned above - while i was in school. Sorry. Have dozens of chicks to seduct instead.

You sound like the typical under-achiever trying to compensate with a big mouth and dumb talk.

-JoFFa- wrote:Wolf textures - i have a certain priority to them. there is a saying - you can't rush art. heard that one?

I wish you would understand German. We have a saying here too: "Kunst kommt von Können" (art is based on skill). I think you get the point.

Apparently you think that chewing through a task to finish it and create a polished product is a waste of time for a super sexy genious like you. I really wonder what makes such a talented and all around awesome personality like you spend a single second in a mediocre corner of the internet like this one, dealing with crappy software and bad support like here.

Feel free to bless people who are more worthy of your presence somewhere else. ;)

Return to “Off Topic”