D2X-XL Master

Rebirth Fanbois ...

Postby karx11erx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:20 am

Pumo
D2X-XL Expert
D2X-XL Expert

Re: Rebirth Fanbois ...

Postby Pumo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:37 pm

*sigh* This is getting tedious, old and lame; All this unecessary and uncalled bashing to D2X-XL for no good reason and with no arguments at all.

I'm starting to feel tired of all those XL-bashers, they are getting on my nerves too much as of lately. :rage: :wallbash:
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current progress: 60%
-SYSTEM SPECS-
CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300, 240GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA
External HDD: Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB 5400RPM
Video: nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB
Sound: RealTek High Definition Audio
Display 1: HP 2311 23" 1080p HD LED Monitor
Display 2: Dell 19" 1440x900 TFT Monitor
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:46 pm

Welcome to my world. ;)
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:35 am

And even worse, we've seen worse.
He's at the very least presenting it as opinion (very colourfully worded, emotional opinion, he'd make a good news anchor. Maybe he's one already.) But if he gets so upset about stuff he doesn't even use, he's only ruining his own life and his own chances at happiness.
I doubt I could change his opinion (I'm no good at changing opinions anyway) so I'd turn up my nose and walk away. I don't think he deserves my time or my words.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:55 am

Well, crap like what he posted requires an answer - not to convince him, but to let other readers know that the truth may be found elsewhere.
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 pm

A gentle reminder to everyone else that they're still capable of making up their own minds, then. You're right, they still might deserve your attention. But I don't think this guy does.

The problem with rebuttals is that they're words, just like the original argument. It turns the decision of whether or not to try D2X-XL into a decision of which of these posts these people think is right. And that requires time and critical thinking from those who just want to jump into Descent and have fun. I think their natural inclination will be to ignore a two-sided argument completely and do nothing.
You've made a program that speaks for itself. D2X-XL is more polished than any other sourceport of any other game that I've played... I was sold on it from youtube videos and screenshots, and I spent, I think, a year of determination and troubleshooting before I actually got it running. I don't think I could have been convinced to stick it out for a year by words.
beware of ounce
Pumo
D2X-XL Expert
D2X-XL Expert

Postby Pumo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:36 pm

Alter-Fox wrote:...You've made a program that speaks for itself. D2X-XL is more polished than any other sourceport of any other game that I've played... I was sold on it from youtube videos and screenshots...

Well yeah, you certainly have a point Alter. Sometimes and specially nowadays, visuals are more important than words (unfortunately that's why there are also a bunch of people that doesn't bother to pick some book to read in the first place).

That's also why they don't know how to discuss correctly or bring right arguments, as they forgot the real value of words;
But, it's true that a good bunch of screenies and videos (as you stated) could make D2X-XL shine all by itself, hopefully dismissing some of the negative reviews we see every now and then. :)

EDIT: And I would like to add and admit that I do also focus on the visual side of things way too many times, but without dismissing the real value of other things like the words said about a product, the actual quality of the product, and also actually testing or handling said product in action, among other things...
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current progress: 60%
-SYSTEM SPECS-
CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHZ
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300, 240GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA
External HDD: Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB 5400RPM
Video: nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB
Sound: RealTek High Definition Audio
Display 1: HP 2311 23" 1080p HD LED Monitor
Display 2: Dell 19" 1440x900 TFT Monitor
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:07 am

Alter-Fox wrote:D2X-XL is more polished than any other sourceport of any other game that I've played...

Really?

I mean, I am doing my best, but that's not the best that could be done. ;)

Have you ever played Nexuiz (Xonotic now)? Now that's a fine port of the Quake engine! :thumb:
Alter-Fox

Postby Alter-Fox » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:14 pm

Well, it may have something to do with D2X-XL being the only one I care enough about to update more than once a year... :P
beware of ounce
Retrochallengegamer

Postby Retrochallengegamer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:37 am

Not to necro, but I have to disagree with his points. Yes, D2X-XL has been crashy during my time using it, but Karx has always been there to help support my bug tickets and ultimately get the issue resolved. I'd almost like to think I helped get the program more bugfree than it already has been while doing my playthrough! :mrgreen: But that aside, I will admit that it does take a bit more setup to get XL working as intended with all the bells and whistles than a simple 'install and just play' option like Rebirth. Regardless, if it is at all possible, I'd like people to at least try to attempt getting XL to work before falling back on Rebirth due to hardware constraints or some other computer-based issue that would prevent them from running it. :think:

Return to “Visitors' Area”