Missing Vertigo robots and exit sequence

Install & setup problems, application questions and other nasty things ;)

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

bloort

Missing Vertigo robots and exit sequence

Postby bloort » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:15 am

D1 and D2 work great with the hi-res models. I'm playing a bit of vertigo now, and 2 things that are missing are the rotating robot images between levels, and the exit movie sequence. They are all working fine in 1 and 2.

maybe a small bug..sometimes the animated doors and fans such get their frames mixed up. Like isntead of starting with frame 1, it starts at 3. Or a spinning fan will have the top and bottom halves switched. It only happens occasionally after starting a game, never during. I have threads set to 8 on an i7.

When my friend gets back from overseas, he's gonna crap out a proxy bomb when he sees D2XXL!
Sirius

Re: Missing Vertigo robots and exit sequence

Postby Sirius » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:55 am

I'm not sure of the exact cause, but what you are having trouble with is basically just the movies (the robot animations in D2 use embedded movies as well - to this day I still don't know why). If it's confined to Vertigo, maybe they're missing.

(Actually, does anyone remember if Vertigo even had exit sequences? I seem to recall it didn't. Pretty sure it had briefing robot animations though.)
Alter-Fox

Re: Missing Vertigo robots and exit sequence

Postby Alter-Fox » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Vertigo never had exit sequences when I played it.
We live in a universe... It's distracting
=========================================================
beware of ounce

Return to “D2X-XL Help”