help with installation

Install & setup problems, application questions and other nasty things ;)

Moderators: Frustikus, simX, Aus-RED-5

rlk123go

Postby rlk123go » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:56 am

wow i just added the printlog and found it in my folder, so i tryied to play the game without tring to get any of the power up and not tring to kill any bot and went stright to the reactor and then to the exit and it didnt crash. :?:
rlk123go

Postby rlk123go » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:00 pm

hi ev1 well ive messed around and looked at the print log but dont see any error in it but i have the exact error that shows up when exiting the first level with all powerups and all bot killed, it says (Descent 2 OpenGL for MS Windows has stoped working). Other than that game looks good, i made sure all drivers for my machine are updated and all windows Vista operating system is updated . thanks for any of your help from you guys.
rlk123go

Postby rlk123go » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:05 pm

hi peeps ive tried to put in a support request at sourceforge.net and i signed up and filled the support form and keep getting an eroor saying pick a group , idid that everthing is selected but wont go through so im left with getting help here tried to get help there for 3 hours with no luck in sending it through please give me some help with my problem and thanks or who does help heres my d2x log
Last edited by rlk123go on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yokelassence

Postby Yokelassence » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:21 am

rlk123go wrote:...in sending it through please give me some help with my problem and thanks fD2X-XL 1.12.72
Loading text resources
Loading main hog file
found...

Are you still running that old version?

The latest version of D2X-XL is much more stable. Get it now if you dont have it.
Aus-RED-5
Forum Moderator

Postby Aus-RED-5 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:51 am

Yeah, check twice a day at least.

There is an update almost every day. ;)
----System Specs----
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D Black
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 960 3.20ghz
Heat Sink: Corsair H100 CPU Water Cooler
Memory: Corsair 6GB (3 x 2048mb) DDR3 1600 Dominator (PC12800 - TR3X6G1600C8D)
Video Card: ATi SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC Edition
Hard Drives: SSD Corsair Force Series 3 F120 120GB & WD5003ABYX Enterprise RE4 500GB
Media Player: LG BH10LS30 BluRay Burner
Power Supply: Corsair HX-850
Monitor: Benq XL2420T LED
rlk123go

Postby rlk123go » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:42 pm

it says in the log that it is .72 i think but on the game screen it says .78 ive tried a few things like lowering coronas lighting ect.. still the game crashed, but i saved the game right before going through the exit and it let me go to next level. I also whent to ati's website and there was an update for my card that came out in march that i didnt know about. so the auto update didnt work in my ati settings but it just made it run without be so sluggish now running smooth ,just wish i could fix the exit crash.
Frustikus
D2X-XL Team
D2X-XL Team

Rules

Postby Frustikus » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:22 pm

rlk123go wrote:it says in the log that it is .72 i think but on the game screen it says .78 ive tried a few things like lowering coronas lighting ect.. still the game crashed, but i saved the game right before going through the exit and it let me go to next level. I also whent to ati's website and there was an update for my card that came out in march that i didnt know about. so the auto update didnt work in my ati settings but it just made it run without be so sluggish now running smooth ,just wish i could fix the exit crash.

Hi there,

before you ask for some help visit http://www.descent2.de, use the Sidemenu to go to d2x-xl and check, whether a new version is available. The last version was released some time before your last post...

Version Info:
v1.12.81
Fixed: The game crashed when trying to render the exterior terrain in D1 missions' end level sequence
Fixed: The exit tunnel was very dark in D1 exit sequences
Fixed: Parts of the exterior terrain of D1 exit sequences was missing
Fixed: The D1 exit sequences' exterior terrains' moons and planets were rendered as two halves
Fixed: The player ship could be given D2 weapons as built-in equipment in D1. If one of these was the superlaser, the ship didn't have any lasers at all
Changed: The program version info will not be printed into background images of score displays and the like anymore

There is always a pretty high chance that your special problem is solved already with the lastest version available.
Intel Q9550 (E0) @ 3420 MHz and standard voltage with Sonic Tower Rev.2, Geforce GTX 260 (896 MB), Asus P5Q Deluxe, 6 GB GSkill DDR2-1066, 2x500 GB Seagate @ Raid 0, Soundblaster XFi, Sharkoon Rebel12 Case, Teufel Concept Magnum 5:1, Samsung 2494 SW , Genius Navigator 535, Logitech Wingman FF, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Yokelassence

Postby Yokelassence » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:38 am

*EDIT* What I really meant was "Go ahead and update :) "

I must comment on this however:

rlk123go wrote: but i saved the game right before going through the exit and it let me go to next level.

This sounds familiar to me. I tend to get crashes after playing D2X-XL for about 2 or 3 hours. Usually at a random point but it happens most often when entering, exploring and leaving secret levels.

But if save my game when entering every level then it seems fine and wont crash at all for the next 6 hours. I also found that the game never crashes if I just clicked the .exe 15 minutes ago.

On the other hand I can play Anthology for 5 hours and never get a crash. Obviously these crashes are tied to loading times.

BTW, what is your system hardware rlk123go? Processor? RAM? Video?
Last edited by Yokelassence on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aus-RED-5
Forum Moderator

Postby Aus-RED-5 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:56 am

Yokelassence wrote:Those are more or less fixes for the Descent 1 support

Doesn't matter. :roll:

Always update D2X-XL before continuing to posting questions regarding problems you may be having.
Some things that get fixed isn't always made note of on the History Page.

Diedel will not give support for older versions of D2X-XL. Only the current version.

So update. Test to see if the problem is still there.
If still there? Then make a bug report on the SF.net site.

Please be sure you report the current version of D2X-XL.
What system specs you have:
CPU, MEM, Video Card, Operating System (Linux, Mac, Windows95, 98, XP, Vista...).
Plus be sure to update ALL drivers for Video Card and OS.
...and state what happens and how you are able to reproduce it. Provide as much detail as possible. ;)
----System Specs----
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D Black
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 960 3.20ghz
Heat Sink: Corsair H100 CPU Water Cooler
Memory: Corsair 6GB (3 x 2048mb) DDR3 1600 Dominator (PC12800 - TR3X6G1600C8D)
Video Card: ATi SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 OC Edition
Hard Drives: SSD Corsair Force Series 3 F120 120GB & WD5003ABYX Enterprise RE4 500GB
Media Player: LG BH10LS30 BluRay Burner
Power Supply: Corsair HX-850
Monitor: Benq XL2420T LED
rlk123go

Postby rlk123go » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:34 am

Hi there Yoke i have a AMD 2800+ anthlon 2.8 Asus A7n8x mtbd with an ATI x1050 AGP 256mb, 1.5 gig ddr of ram, creative audigy 2, liteon dvdrw-rom, with a hp w2007 monitor oh yeah im running vista ultimate that runs halflife 2 with no problems ,i updated to .81 and still same problem itried yesterday on the sf net and it keeps thelling me that i havent filled all areas out witch i did every time got tired of filling the form out for 3 or 4 hours and still didnt go through and all my drivers are updated made sure of that today and all were .
D2X-XL 1.12.81( this is new printlog)

MOD EDIT by Aus-RED-5
I removed the log text and uploaded it to a hosting site. http://www.nowupload.com/

Please use that site or some sort of hosting site for your log files.

So much scrolling just to read the next post by a user. :roll:
rlk123go

Postby rlk123go » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:42 pm

yeah aus-red i thought that to but i wasnt sure how to get all of you and the others to see whats going on with my game thanks for all your help and the others to

Please use proper punctuation! This is the 3rd time you've been asked for it!

karx
rlk123go

Postby rlk123go » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:48 pm

i didnt know i had to pass a english writeing test just to ask for help on your game! not ev1 passed english writing in school . and dont yell isnt that what you told another person in this forum you are rude and cruel, at least i was tring to be nice and polite. If my writing offends you im sorry, i was more interested in playing this game not passing a witing test. This is the only site ive been on that fusses about someones writing skill
karx11erx
D2X-XL Master
D2X-XL Master

Postby karx11erx » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:27 pm

You have been told to write stuff in a readable way three times. If you cannot be bothered with that, we cannot be bothered with helping you.

Your reply is impertinent. We owe you nothing here.

I cannot tell how much I hate an attitude like yours. People like you get some free software and believe they have every right to demand being helped with any problems they have with it - though they haven't paid a dime for it, nor contributed to it.

If you cannot behave, but believe everyone has to adjust to your ways and throw a frenzy when being told, you're wrong.

If you don't stop it now I'll give you a 1 week ban to give you a thinking break and to sort your SF.net issues out instead of littering this forum.

Edit: After I had asked you to user proper punctuation the first time, your posts got better - for a while. Conclusion: If you try, you can do it. Nobody expects perfection from you. But apparently the main problem is that it is more comfortable for you not to try but to keep doing it as you've always done.

I don't want to deal with people like you, because people like you make my life harder w/o returning anything good to me.

And I don't want to work on this project any more either.

I will help people who have donated to the project because I feel obliged too, but that's it. There's no reward in doing this for me, so what.

And I hate being attacked by people like you who apparently cannot be bothered to think before they post.

Read this to underst: http://www.descent2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=473

Just to make myself clear.

Return to “D2X-XL Help”